Schedule: Sunday - Tuesday (40 hours) Tuesday - Saturday (40 hours) Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday (32 hours)
- Come join Bay Cove Human Services where you can "Reach People.
- Change Lives." Bay Cove Human Services offers staff and their families a rich selection of benefit programs designed to meet the needs of its diverse workforce.
- Bay Cove recognizes the importance that benefit plans play in our everyday lives, and awards staff with competitive, affordable programs meant to enhance the quality of their lives.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
- As a member of the multidisciplinary ACCS Engagement Team, the "Engagement Partner I" (Direct Support Professional) provides day to day support to adults challenged with mental health issues who are living in a group living environment or a supported independent environment.
- The Engagement Partner I contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by partnering with Persons to work towards personal goals in order to achieve greater independence and improved quality of life.
- Responsibilities: Responsible for engaging with Persons in a way which incorporates into program culture the practices and philosophies of evidence based practices including but not limited to: Utilizes recovery-oriented language and principles in all communication and interactions with Persons, colleagues, and collaterals Participate on the Engagement Team of assigned persons as directed by the ACCS Clinical Supervisor Engages in supportive interventions with Persons aimed at teaching daily living skills such as community safety practices, travel-training, banking and budgeting, cooking, shopping, personal care and hygiene and care of personal space and belongings.
- As needed and/or as requested, accompanies Persons to medical, dental and psychiatric appointments or leisure activities via public transportation, agency vehicle or staff car.
- Performs other household maintenance and cleaning tasks which have been designated as shift responsibilities and as assigned by the Program manager.
- Administers medications in accordance with MAP standards and trains clients in self-medication procedures.
- Follows and implements all program safety procedures to ensure overall health and safety of clients Provides skilled shift coverage, including weekends and awake overnights, as scheduled by the supervisor.
- Job Type: Full-time Salary: $13.02 /hour
- Qualifications Required: At least one year direct care experience providing services to adults with mental health issues or a related population; High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related area preferred and can be substituted for experience Must have flexibility to work a similar schedule in a different group living or supported independent environment in response to program need and as directed by supervisor.
- Strong commitment to the right of each Person with mental health challenges to live in community residences, to work in market jobs, and to have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services of their own choosing.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on a scheduled or as-needed basis.
- Proficient writing and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent personal organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Department of Public Health certification in medication administration required within 3 months of hire.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Ability to go up and down stairs to monitor clients on multiple floors and physical capacity to assist people with mobility impairments as needed.
- Driving License Required? No
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.