- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc.
- a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks an Admissions Nurse to join us in our mission to provide high-quality services to adults who face the life-long challenges of mental illness, aging and drug and alcohol dependency.
- The Admissions Nurse will coordinate patient admissions in an acute treatment facility which provides medically monitored services to men and women over 18 years old who need short-term (3 to 7 day) detoxification from alcohol, heroin and other opiates.
- We are looking for someone who strives to: Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Receive and document referral information on referral calls.
- Obtain insurance status via the DPH REVS System.
- Screen all DMH and court and other referrals, and make decisions regarding need for meds and psychiatric and/or medical clearance.
- Admit successfully screened patients to the unit and complete a history and physical assessment.
- Orient patients to the program & services, including an explanation of the detoxification medications and process.
- Complete breathalyzer and/or urine testing on all admissions.
- Assemble charts and complete orders on all admissions.
- Work collaboratively with the medical and psychiatric consultants to assure that patients receive appropriate orders for their conditions.
- Give thorough report on each admission to the staff nurse assigned to the patient.
- What you will need to bring: Licensure - RN with current MA License.
- Experience – One year’s experience in Medical/Surgical nursing.
- Must have knowledge of substance abuse and psychiatric nursing and be aware of the DSMIV.
- Must be able to comfortably and quickly become familiar with DPH & DMH and court systems and must be able to establish a network of contacts in these areas.
- Skills – knowledge of computers or a willingness to learn computer basics.
- Ability to assess skills in order to detect alterations in medical and psychiatric status.
- License – Valid driver’s license Keywords: Healthcare, Human Services, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Dual-Diagnosis, Nursing, Detox Detoxification, Recovery
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.