Minimum Education Required Master's Degree
Type Regular Full-Time
Number of Hours Per Week 40
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Behavior Management Therapist will provide mobile, community based supportive services for individuals who meet medical necessity for behavioral management therapy and behavior management monitoring. The Behavior Management Therapist works closely with the youth, their caregiver, and their current professional and natural support system with the goal of treating challenging behaviors that interfere with the youth’s successful functioning.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Develop a written functional behavioral assessment based on observations of youth and structured interviews with youth, family, and collaterals.
- Develop a focused behavior management treatment plan that identifies specific behavioral and measurable goals, objectives, and interventions.
- Develop specific behavioral objectives and interventions that are incorporated into the youth’s new or existing safety plan.
- Provide modeling for caregivers on how to implement strategies identified in the behavior management plan.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of the youth’s progress on implementing the goals of treatment plan.
- Collaborate with existing Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative (CBHI) providers and other collaterals and delivers services in accordance with youth’s plan of care.
- Identify community resources and develop natural supports for youth and parent/guardian/caregiver.
- Master’s Degree in field related to Behavior Analysis; or a psychologist licensed by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Psychology.
- Two years’ experience performing functional behavioral assessments and implementing and evaluating intervention strategies.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) preferred but not required!
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Connect With Us!