- Monday-Friday: 8a-4p
- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc.
- A leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks a Program Assistant to help older adults in Boston to live with independence and dignity in their communities.
- The Program Assistant will assist nursing staff and the Activities Director as required and in accordance with participant plans of care and ADH policies and procedures in order to meet the needs of individual participants.
- We are looking for someone who strive to: Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Participate in assessment and care planning meetings.
- Execute the plan of care.
- Assist and supervise activities of daily living.
- Provide personal care, using safe and appropriate personal hygiene and grooming techniques.
- Assist nursing staff with vital signs.
- Assist in ambulation.
- Carry out recreation activities, as determined by therapeutic activities personnel.
- Communicate on a one-to-one basis with participants.
- Partner with other staff and volunteers.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service training, and other relevant training.
- Communicate with the public and families.
- Participate in daily record keeping, documentation.
- Facilitate group discussions.
- Prepare, serve, and clean up after meals and snacks.
- What you will need to bring: Experience - One year work experience to have acquired the knowledge and skill need to carry out position duties with elderly or chronically impaired adults.
- An understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
- Must pass Nurse Aide Registry Check Skills -Able to communicate effectively in English & Cape Verdean Creole – both verbally and in writing.
- Physical – Must have had a physical within the past 12 months, including TB screening.
- Physical exam required every two years.
- TB screening required every year.
- License/Certification –Must have demonstrated competence through satisfactory completion of a health care training program (CNA or HHA certification).
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Keywords: Seniors, Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, Memory Loss, Care Worker, Caregiver, Group Home, Direct Care, DSP, CNA- Certified Nurse’s Aide, HHA-Home Health Aide, Medical, Healthcare Advocacy, Support, Human Services, Nonprofit
- Driving License Required? No
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.