Schedule: Weds, Thurs, Sat and Sun 3:00pm-11:00pm
Salary: $15 plus $.75 per hour shift differential
- Andrew House, a program of Bay Cove Human Services is an acute treatment facility providing medically monitored services to adults who need short-term detoxification from alcohol, heroin and other opiates seeks a Case Aide.
- Case Aide provides day to day care to our patients by managing milieu through daily living activities, leading patients in educational and recreational activities, or may accompany patients to and from examinations and treatments.
- We are looking for someone who strives to: Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Check patient's schedule for the day.
- Assist with and/or perform procedures with proper instruction and supervision, such as: admitting, transferring, discharging patients, observing and caring for patients in isolation, seeing that safety devices and precautions are being used.
- Observe patients and note physical condition, attitude, reactions, etc and report unusual findings to charge nurse.
- Chart information in orderly log and sign entry.
- Participate in general ward cleaning duties.
- Attend in-service trainings and daily case conferences Assist in providing non-professional nursing or other supportive care under the direction and supervision of professional nurses/counselors.
- Maintain proper care and use of supplies and equipment.
- Drive patients to appointments or discharge destination in the absence of the driver.
- What you will need to bring: Education - High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience – previous experience in Substance Abuse and/or Mental Health setting.
- Skills – Ability to understand and follow the regulations pertaining to confidentiality of client records and treatment.
- Ability to apply aseptic technique in patient care.
- License/Certification – Valid driver’s license.
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.