Minimum Education Required High School Diploma/GED
Type Regular Full-Time
Number of Hours Per Week 36
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible to provide assistance to the support staff with the daily activities of individuals, provide ongoing support, guidance, role modeling and providing assistance in meeting clients medical and health need.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma/GED
- Provide support in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort, under the direction of an RN and Program Manager.
- Perform all duties in accordance with established methods, techniques and recognized standard.
- Assist program support staff in completion of all daily/shift tasks, including but not limited to oversight of individuals’ medical and health needs: hospitalization, appointments, assessments, discharging, transferring and caring for the residents' personal belongings.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and role modeling for individuals.
- Assist individuals with home maintenance and perform cleaning duties as assigned.
- Perform Activities of Daily Living (ADLSs) for residents as required.
- Coordinate scheduling for residents requiring occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy.
- Take and record weights, blood pressures, temperatures, pulse and respiration and give skin care treatments, as permitted by state regulation.
- Report on resident status or family concerns to RN and Program Manager.
- Ensure all paperwork, reports, trainings are up to date and completed within the Divisions expected timelines.
- Ensure that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individual's needs and rights.
- Attend and actively participate in all trainings as assigned and maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, crisis management, and MAP
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate Required. Experience with the program population is preferred.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Strongly prefer that a candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team oriented environment and as well as work independently
- Ability to execute a variety of decision-making models.
- Commitment to Advocates values and mission.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license. Must have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, andactively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Connect With Us!