At the Cardinal Cushing Centers, we support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, providing possibilities and opportunities for growth and advancement. Our programs for students, adults and community members include education, employment training, transition services, residential care, therapeutic and recreational services.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for directing all aspects of the organization’s financial operations as well as driving and supporting operational innovation within the organization overall. This position partners with the CEO on strategy formulation, presents financial implications and risks for strategic options, and collaborates with senior leaders to identify business model adaptions/innovations that can enable growth and deliver greater effectiveness and/or efficiency.
- Master’s degree in related field required, other additional relevant advanced degree and/or certification such as CFA or CPA
- Seven to ten years of demonstrated, relevant, finance and accounting experience working in a complex organization with multiple revenue streams and services.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a CFO or Director of Finance
- Experience in non-profit, health and human services agency and/or Massachusetts Chapter 766 approved private schools a plus
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and oversees all aspects of the financial operations for the agency
- Manages Finance Department personnel on a day-to-day basis
- Develops budgets for the agency as a whole, individual programs and new/proposed/expanded services, including the preparation of budget revisions as needed
- Improves and builds where necessary effective administrative systems including, budget, accounting, internal controls, forecasting, auditing and physical infrastructure.
- Assesses the organization’s long and short-term cash management, leads and negotiates agency capital needs, and secures/manages the agency’s debt facilities.
- Analyzes cash flow, cost controls, expenses and all financial statements to pin point areas for improvement
- Manages and negotiates short term lines and long term financing options with bank as needed
- Evaluates and advises on the fiscal impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Supervises accounting and preparation of all state and federal financial reporting which include coordinating the annual audit and preparing the UFR Uniform Financial Report
- Serves as agency’s primary liaison with independent auditor to ensure the annual audit is completed smoothly and in a timely manner
- Monitors changes in legal, regulatory and administrative environments and implements changes in procedures as needed to maintain compliance while maximizing operational and financial results
- Oversee the Organization’s risk management including general liability and related insurance coverage and risk mitigation
- Represents the Organization with state agencies regarding funding issues
- Oversees and approves contracts for non-instructional services
- Meets with boards and committees of the Organization and performs all other financial duties as assigned by the President, Board Co-Chairs and Finance Committee
- In conjunction with Human Resources, analyzes and monitors, on a regular basis, fringe benefits in order to maximize benefits for employees in the most cost effective manner
- Acts as liaison with administrators and legal consultants for any pending legal action
- Upholds the mission and corporate values of Cardinal Cushing Centers, Inc
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned
Director of Finance
Indirect: Finance Office staff (approximately 5 staff)
- Supervise staff, develop job descriptions and provide performance evaluations and improvement plans
- Strong ability to analyze and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Work well with, and be responsive to the needs of internal and external customers, including the Board of Directors, funding sources, other provider organizations and Cardinal Cushing Centers staff
- Highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze situations on multiple fronts quickly and react decisively
- Highly developed analytical skills necessary to maintain clear business picture, plus entrepreneurial skills to recognize new business opportunities
- High energy and integrity
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems
Work Location: Cardinal Cushing Centers – Hanover,MA
Reports to: President & CEO
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, full time
Please submit your resume with a letter of intent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cardinal Cushing Centers is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.