REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Arc of the South Shore is a private nonprofit human service agency located in Hingham, MA with revenue of $12M annually. The Arc of the South Shore is committed to empowering families and individuals of all ages with disabilities to reach their fullest potential. We achieve this by providing high quality individualized services and opportunities that foster independence, community inclusion, and advocacy. The Arc employs 220 full and part time employees who provide an array of services and supports to approximately 2500 individuals with disabilities and their families who live on the South Shore. Programs of The Arc of the South Shore include: Dept. of Developmental Services funded Residential, Day and Employment supports for adults with IDD (Intellectual & Development Disabilities. MassHealth programs: Personal Care Management, Adult Foster Care, and Day Habilitation. Early Intervention and Autism Resource Center.
The COO oversees operations and administration of the agency including planning, directing and monitoring all general business operations of the agency. Specific responsibilities include: Corporate Compliance, Employee Engagement and Development; Information Technology needs for the agency, and Facilities Management.
The COO assists the Executive Director in managing programs and working towards implementation of new strategies and initiatives particularly in program expansion, new program development, and diversified funding sources.
The COO manages and supports agency MassHealth funded Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) specifically the Adult Foster Care and Personal Care Management program.
The COO is acting Executive Director in the absence of the Executive Director.
The COO serves as the agency Corporate Compliance Officer and oversees agency wide systems to ensure compliance, and a cultural climate of high ethical and legal standards. Chairs the Corporate Compliance Committee and risk management process; attends senior staff meetings, Safety Committee meetings and Quality Management quarterly meetings. Supports programs with licensing (DDS) and CARF accreditation.
The COO oversees employee onboarding, development, engagement and appreciation program. Handles first day preparation for new employees (computer/phone set up etc.) Participates on agency workforce development initiatives to ensure well-trained high quality workforce. Participates and Chairs the employee Compensation Committee to ensure agency is competitive in employee compensation and benefits.
The COO works closely with IT vendor. Oversees Information Technology provider contract and ensures appropriate IT system and security. Ensures employee and program IT needs are addressed and conducts strategic management of such needs. Is responsible for ensuring appropriate IT security by vendor. Data security coordination of the WISP (Written Information Security Plan).
Manages employee access to and use of web based applications such as Salesforce database and State
HCSIS/MIS system. Manages Salesforce licenses for employees and oversees /coordinates use of consultants
working with managers on salesforce utilization.
Plans for future IT needs of the agency.
The COO directly supervises one full time Facilities Manager. This includes overseeing all facilities
management. The agency owns 10 residential properties and 3 buildings that house offices space and day
program space. The COO reviews and signs off on all credit card purchases and approves all purchases made by
Facilities Manager. The COO is responsible for compiling the annual facilities budget in conjunction with the
facility manager. Oversee acquisition of additional office or program space and coordinate personnel moves to
In conjunction with Director of Finance and Residential Director, manages Representative Payee program for
30 clients. COO is Rep-Payee signer and opens and closes consumer bank accounts as needed. Liaison with
Social Security to apply for rep-payee status for new consumers.
Is a member of the Finance Committee along with Executive Director, Director of Finance, Director of Day
Services, and Board Treasurer and Finance Chair. The committee reviews monthly and year to date financial
statements prepared by the Finance Department, annual operating budget, and ensuring financial policies and
procedures are up to date. Other finance related responsibilities include preparing and monitoring annual
administrative office budget.
- Master’s in Business Administration or other relevant degree.
- 10 years of general and/or financial senior management experience with 3-5 years in a nonprofit human
- service agency.
- Working knowledge of IT/business infrastructure. Must have proficient skills in the use of Microsoft office
- software, and knowledge of Salesforce is desirable.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development. (Strong strategic, analytical and
- planning skills.)
- Strong Management experience managing a variety of responsibilities and complexity and mentoring
- diverse teams.
- Project management skills.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior
- management, the board of directors and staff.
- Strong writing skills, experience writing policies and procedures, reports, service agreements and any
- additional business related documents.
- Commitment to workforce development and employee leadership development.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative and maintain a model of high personal ethical and professional
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws, regulations and policies and compliance needs.
- Requires Driver’s license, acceptable CORI, national background check (fingerprinting) and verification of
- higher education.
The Arc of the South Shore, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply
Resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Director
The Arc of the South Shore, Inc.
20 Pond Park Road
Hingham, MA 02043