Minimum Education Required Master's Degree
Advocates is seeking empathetic, caring and supportive clinical professionals to offer assistance to those in crisis.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Community Crisis Stabilization Clinician will provide comprehensive mental health and substance abuse services to and treatment plans with clients, as well as clinical oversight of work performed at the respite program.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Ensure an environment that promotes safety, recovery, and treatment.
- Provide psychiatric and substance abuse evaluations of individuals in a respite setting.
- Work with clients in a collaborative manner to develop assessments, Individual Action Plans (IAP), crisis plans, relapse plans, and other items needed to support their stay at the program.
- Provide information on treatment and referral services to clients and caregivers.
- Maintain linkages with specific community services by providing documented case consultations and problem resolution. Offer suggestive recommendations to clients regarding service options.
- Provide transportation to appointments and other community integration opportunities.
- Actively participate in supervision, staff, team, and family meetings.
- Master's Degree in a related field.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Must have working knowledge of current version of the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including documentation abilities.
- Excellent assessment and intake skills. Ability to develop and maintain satisfactory working relationships with employees and providers.
- Ethical, client-centered and open-minded approach.
- Ability to contribute independently to a team-oriented environment.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Connect With Us!