The Community Health Worker (CHW) is responsible for helping AFC members and their caregivers/families to navigate and access health and community services and adopt healthy behaviors. The CHW works as a member of the Multidisciplinary Care team through an integrated approach to care management and community outreach/support. As a priority, activities will promote, maintain, and improve the health of AFC members and their caregivers/ family.
Provide social support and informal counseling, advocate for individuals and community health needs, assess self-management needs, health literacy level and provide health education.
- Bilingual: Khmer/English
- A CHW must have at least one year of experience working with elders and adults with disabilities
- Have an understanding of the populations/community they serve
- Be a trusted member of the community
- Creativity, flexibility, sound judgment, and ability to take initiative
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and
- fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and educationally diverse staff and clients.
- Verifiable good driving record and reliable transportation
- Demonstrated technical experience with Microsoft Word, Excel (or similar
- databases), and Internet Explorer
- Positive attitude and be open to changing environment
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary team members
- Be responsible for providing consistent and timely communication to the MDT and PD/APD to evaluate AFC member/family status, ensuring that provided information, and reports clearly describe progress- and appropriateness of the team structure, including the CHW role
- Any other outreach or duties requested by Program Director/Executive Mgmt
Visit us at www.nonotuck.com or Nonotuck Facebook.
Please forward your resume to Jack Kelleher in Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position open until filled.
Nonotuck Resource Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.