Schedule: Per Diem
- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc.
- a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks a CSS Recovery Specialist to join us in our mission to provide high-quality services to adults who face the life-long challenges of mental illness, aging and drug and alcohol dependency.
- As a front line support for our patients, the Recovery Specialist provides direct care services and support to patients transitioning from a Detox environment to the next level of care on their path to recovery.
- The Recovery Specialist works with the multidisciplinary team to support the processes for patients’ admission, transfer, discharge, ongoing observation and care, while ensuring respect and dignity.
- We are looking for someone who strives to: Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Assist in providing non-professional nursing or other supportive care under the direction and supervision of professional nurses/counselors.
- Ensure ongoing observation of patients and related reporting of their physical condition, attitude, reactions, and behaviors.
- Responsible for the movement of patients to/from daily scheduled activities.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the unit and participates in ongoing general unit cleaning duties.
- Facilitate and promote patient’s participation in wellness and recreational activities.
- Maintain orderly log entries as assigned relative to room checks, patient belongings, supplies etc.
- Drive patients to appointments or discharge destination in the absence of the driver.
- Adhere to federal and state policies and ensures appropriate releases are obtained to exchange and disclosure necessary client information.
- Maintain proper care and use of program supplies and equipment.
- Education - High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience – Knowledge of the substance use treatment continuum and services and related community resources preferred.
- Experience in substance use disorder and/or mental health settings.
- Skills – Ability to work with individuals with substance use disorders.
- License– Valid driver’s license.
- Keywords: Substance Abuse, Group, Addictions, Recovery, Mental Health, Direct Care, Case Management, Therapy, Care Coordination
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.