Minimum Education Required High School Diploma/GED
Are you a passionate helper? Do you have people skills? Hope to create meaningful relationships?
Advocates is seeking enthusiastic, motivated team players to provide valuable care to individuals in group home settings! The Direct Support Professional is responsible for supervising the daily activities of and assisting in goal achievement with program residents. Direct Care Professionals provide ongoing support, guidance and role modeling and work with residents in daily activities and toward improvement in the areas of personal responsibility, social skills, community living skills and behavior. We specialize in areas of Behavioral Health, Brain Injury and Developmental Services.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma/GED
- Assist: Promote independence by helping individuals achieve physical and behavioral goals, assisting through everyday and complex situations.
- Guide: Provide ongoing support, guidance, role modeling and supervision to individuals, working collaboratively with other service providers when needed. Monitor and document medication administration as appropriate.
- Plan: Collaboratively develop and document growth plans such as Individualized Action Plans (IAPs) and Individualized Service Plans (ISPs) with the clients.
- React: Provide crisis intervention and access emergency services as needed.
- Document: Communicate residents’ progress, mental status, and any changes in computerized daily notes.
- High School diploma or equivalent degree.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgement and coaching skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize basic computer applications.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-centered, team-oriented environment.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, andactively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: direct care, direct support, residential counselor, residential support, group home, group living environment, GLE
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!