About the Arc of Opportunity in North Central Massachusetts
We are a human and civil rights movement offering supports to people of all ages with disabilities and their families. Our mission is to create and support lifetime opportunities in the community for individuals with disabilities and their families to reach their fullest potential by providing advocacy, education, employment, residential and recreational services to enhance quality of life.
About the Position
The Direct Support Professional provides light to medium maintenance and domestic functions associated with residential programs, including personal care needs of the individuals supported, cleaning, laundry, cooking, grocery shopping and grounds keeping duties as assigned. The Direct Support Professional maintains positive, professional relationships with individuals served, families/guardians, peers, community partners and government agencies and assists in the implementation of Individual Support Plans for individuals based on assessments, objectives, and goals.
Position Schedule: Tuesday (3pm - 11pm), Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (4pm - 8pm), Saturday (3pm -11pm)
- Implement Individual Support Plans for individuals based on assessments, objectives, and goals
- Provide light to medium maintenance/domestic functions associated with residential programs, including, but not limited to: shoveling snow, cleaning, laundry, cooking, grocery shopping and grounds keeping duties as assigned
- Ability to transfer, change, shower assist with toileting and all personal care needs of the individuals supported
- Works closely with Residential Managers and Assistant Residential Managers in delivering service standards of excellence and ensures operational compliance within assigned programs in accordance with Federal, State and agency regulations
- Actively advocates for individuals served and demonstrates agency mission and values in all interpersonal and professional relations
- Knowledgeable about community resources to better assist individuals served in achieving their goals while seeking to empower and enhance their quality of life
- Conducts oneself professionally by maintaining respect, following regulations and agency policies and adhering to confidentiality requirements in all assigned duties
- Attends mandatory trainings and meetings as assigned and required. Maintains all required certifications
- Demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to agency mission and fundamental values
- Cross functional communication skills, in written and oral Engilsh, which convey clear and concise information in a professional and respectful manner to individuals supported, family members/guardians, peers, government agencies, community partners and employees.
- Frequent driving of facility motor vehicles and vans
- Additional duties as assigned
- Physical demands include: Frequent standing, pushing, pulling, walking, stooping, lifting and twisting
- High school diploma or GED is required, experience in relevant field preferred
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable CORI/Finger printing and driving record are required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity. Use of personal vehicles is required and must meet all state requirements to include valid registration, insurance, and safety standards
- Must maintain and provide proof of minimum levels of auto insurance coverage as specified by The Arc of Opportunity.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; kneel, bend and carry items; and sustain periods of walking, standing, and sitting
- Ability to physically assist individuals according to their needs and perform physical restraint if necessary
- Demonstrated superior communication skills, both in verbal and written English
- Functional and situational reasoning to follow policy, problem solve, exercise sound judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage crisis
Comprehensive benefits package including vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, health, dental, life, disability, and 401K. Advancement opportunities.
The Arc of Opportunity is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged.
The Arc of Opportunity North Central Massachusetts is a smoke free workplace and campus.