Position: AFC Program Director
Report to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, salaried exempt
The AFC Program Director oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the programs including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. The Director will ensure that all funder (MassHealth) regulations are maintain at all times.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan the delivery of the overall programs and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the programs
- Develop funding proposals for the program, which include all grant writing, to ensure the continuous delivery of services
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
- Communicate with participants and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Collaborate with staff to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Conduct and participate in all internal meetings with staff and external meetings with funders
- Ensure that the programs operate within the approved budget by monitoring and approving all budgeted program expenditures
- Ensure that all financial records for the programs are up to date
- Oversee AFC homes (moves, staffing, budgets, safety, etc)
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
- Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted to funders according to the established timelines
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Coordinate intake, assessment and implementation of the AFC services
- Ensure regulatory compliance and leading licensing initiatives
- Oversee and monitor of debit/petty cash transactions
- Oversee maintenance and confidentiality of participants and providers’ files
- Identify appropriate housing options -emphasize choice of Individual
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and for Arc’s mission statement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Proven organizational and effective time management skills
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Proven success developing positive working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field and 3 - 5 years’ experience in case management, advocacy or direct services
Knowledge of program management and of client groups
Proficient in Microsoft office & outlook
Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record