ABOUT OPPORTUNITY WORKS
Founded in 1974 by families with adults with disabilities, Opportunity Works opened with a few participants and one program. Today, with facilities in Newburyport and Haverhill, Opportunity Works is a 501(c)3 private, non-profit corporation serving more than 260 men and women ranging in age from 22 to over 80, who come from 22 Merrimack Valley and North Shore communities. The agency operates with a staff of more than 120 professionals who bring a broad range of experience and expertise to programs and services for adults with disabilities. The agency consistently earns recognition for setting leading standards of excellence in providing employment training and placement, specialized day habilitation, community and recreational programs for adults with disabilities.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Exciting leadership position as Director of Development for a well-respected organization that serves adults with disabilities. The Director of Development will be responsible for leading the process to source and secure goals annually through various funding sources. In addition, the Director will be responsible for managing a Development Assistant. The position requires successful related fundraising experience. The Director of Development is responsible, in partnership with the Development Committee of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director for creating, implementing, and executing Opportunity Works’ (OW) development strategy, fundraising initiatives, and communications strategy. The Director of Development will manage and oversee the maintenance of OWs donor database, coordination of all fundraising efforts, grant writing and administration, major gifts, and external communications with OW constituents.
- Understand and embrace the vision and mission of Opportunity Works and share with the community
- Develop and execute OW’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Supervise and support the Development Assistant professional
- Meet all fundraising targets on schedule
- Manage the maintenance and tracking of stakeholder data and oversee Development Assistant responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and stakeholders
- Expand and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Develop, execute, and manage strategy for management of grant applications, writing of grant proposals, and processes, including coordinating team members involved and timely reporting to donors.
- Research pertinent statistics and demographics as needed and appropriate to support case statements
- Develop, execute, and manage OW donor engagement and communication strategy
- Manage organization of events such as the annual Lend-a-Hand Auction, and oversee tasks and volunteers
- Oversee development of marketing material related to fundraising
- Manage, oversee, and coordinate the maintenance of OW website
- Manage and coordinate regular newsletters regarding organization’s updates and success
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
- Significant experience in development and fundraising, proven background in identifying and managing stakeholders and potential donors, as well as hosting fundraising events
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding development and fundraising targets on schedule
- Proven background and expertise with the strategy and management of grant administration; identifying, managing, writing and tracking of grants
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to compose and edit new material quickly
- Knowledge of effective marketing methods
- Knowledge of CRM database
- Knowledge of fundraising technology and methods
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines
- Bachelor’s degree or associate degree and comparable experience
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter with your salary requirements to Karen.nicholas@opportunity works.org by May 10th 2019
Opportunity Works is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status