As a member of the agency’s management team, the Developmental Day School Program Director/Principal will provide leadership, supervision, and daily management of all assigned programs, utilizing a team-based, multi-disciplinary approach in accordance with agency philosophy, mission and vision.
- Master’s degree in Special Education or related field, or significant combination of related experience and education.
- Certification in Special Education Administration or ability to obtain certification within one year of date of hire
- Experience with children, families and adults with developmental disabilities.
- Administrative and/or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to meet required competency level in Microsoft Office Software.
- Moderate travel required.
- Ability to sit for extended time periods.
- Frequent phone use required.
- Ability to use computer.
- Responsible for the overall supervision and administration of the Developmental Day School, including program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Maintain program compliance with all applicable state funding agency and certification regulations and requirements, as well as quality service standards.
- Maintain program compliance with Kennedy-Donovan Center mission, philosophy, standards, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate all personnel activities, including the hiring, orientation, training, supervision and evaluation of program employees and consultants.
- Facilitate staff and team supervisory meetings. Assure implementation of an educational and therapeutic curriculum which is student and family-centered, and is based on best clinical practice in special education.
- Promote a collaborative partnership with applicable LEA's and other community service providers.
- Facilitate a team based approach to program supports and services.
- In collaboration with the Team Lead Teacher(s), supervise and coordinate all aspects of student-centered programming, including pre-admission and intake procedures, admission, compliance with IEP requirements, and discharge planning.
- Complete all required program reports, maintain statistical information and data, and monitor program budget on monthly basis.
- Participate as member of KDC administrative team including: strategic planning process and other activities which contribute to implementation of agency mission
- Facilitate family/student participation in program planning, implementation and evaluations as well as staff hiring, monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate and participate in community outreach, education and public relation activities on behalf of program and agency.
- Participate in professional development activities and training necessary to enhance skills and maintain certification.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
- $1,000 after successful completion of 90 day introductory period
- $1,500 after 1 year of employment
At Kennedy-Donovan Center (KDC), everything that we do is tied to our mission. No matter your role at KDC, we are all working together to support individuals with developmental delays, disabilities, or family challenges to pursue their personal potential and success in the community.
With over 50 years of experience in the Human Services field, we provide employees with an opportunity to join a forward-thinking agency. You can be a part of a team that provides support for over 10,000 individuals and their families every year. And our focus isn’t just on empowering those we support- but at KDC our goal is to empower you. We value the opportunity to allow our employees to advance their careers by exploring opportunities available to them, all while providing you with the resources and tools you need to succeed. KDC is not just a job, it is a career- a career in which our employees are able to collaborate and learn from one another to succeed together.