Driver: 260 days, 3.5 hours per day, 5 days a week.
Reporting to: Assistant Director of Adult Services
Part-time; 17.5 hours per week, driver position available for Department of Developmental Services (DDS), funded transportation between an individual’s residence and the Valley Collaborative Today and Tomorrow Program on a daily basis. Valley Collaborative assists individuals aged 22 and older, referred by DDS, find and maintain paid and volunteer opportunities in the community. The services support each individual’s identified goals regarding involvement in personal and community activities as well as work status.
- A strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of the organization.
- Able to work independently, one-one with individuals, as well as coordinate small groups.
- Experience working with students/adults with special needs.
- Ability to mentor, coach, and advocate for individuals.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Familiarity with local roads.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency situation.
- Flexibility to meet identified program needs.
Day to Day duties include:
- Participate in any required training.
- Perform a daily operations safety check.
- Perform general vehicle maintenance, (i.e. snow removal, gassing, windshield cleaning, etc.)
- Maintain accurate daily logs on ridership.
- Assist adult passengers on and off the vehicle as needed.
- Respond to emergencies in compliance with established procedures, including the completion of all reports.
- Exercise tact and courtesy in dealing with passengers, caregivers and staff.
- Report concerns about the safety and well-being of passengers to appropriate Valley Collaborative staff in a timely manner.
- Responsible for proper handling and return of route sheets, phones, gas cards and van keys and other equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behavior):
Ability to understand and follow both written and oral instructions. Adaptability to perform routine, repetitive tasks within a specific period of time. Prioritizes work assignments to be completed within time requirements.
Must demonstrate a positive and caring attitude toward students, clients, parents and staff. Must remain flexible and adaptable in order to meet department needs.
- TBD based on contract
Due to the high volume of response, please do not call to confirm receipt of your resume
Valley Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Valley Collaborative Programs are committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.