Bay Cove Human Services, Inc. a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks an Education/Employment Counselor who will provide daily supports to clients with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in our Day Programs.
The Education/Employment Counselor provides programming and support for clients based on need and functioning level. These programs focus on education, employment, community integration, skill development and therapies, including the development and implementation of the Individual Support Plan.
We are looking for someone who strive to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- Provide direct employment support and on the job training both in house and in the community.
- Participate in the development and direct implementation of the Individual Support Plan.
- Assist individuals in community employment, this may include training in soft skills, on the job training and acting as a liaison with employers and potential employers.
- Teach classes to individuals following program curriculum.
- Assess individual training needs, develop descriptive teaching programs and curricula and monitors effectiveness through data collection.
- Implement clinical and behavioral treatment plans, record target behaviors on data sheets and participate in clinical consultation as needed.
- Provide crisis assessment, prevention and needed intervention.
- Administer medications as required.
- On a rotating schedule provide transportation to individuals to and from the program in Bay Cove vans.
What you will need to bring:
- Education - BA/BS Experience – One year previous work experience in a human services.
- Skills – Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse population of individuals, co-workers, care providers, family, community members and others.
- Capacity to work both independently and within a team context.
- License –Valid driver’s license.
- Certification- A current certification in CPR, SFA, PREVENT and MAP.
- Physical - Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed.
- Driving License Required? Yes