Facilitate and coordinate the provision of supports services for families and individuals with developmental disabilities, including extensive use of generic resources. Provides direct home and community based integration supports, skills training and parent education and support.
· Function as a contact person for designated families.
· Facilitate connections in the community through direct and indirect means to increase natural supports.
· Assist and support families and individuals in identifying their needs and preferences for support.
· Assist families/individuals in identification of appropriate resources.
· Provide resource and referral information to families and individuals.
· Develop individual family support plans
· Facilitate and coordinate access for families/individuals in obtaining needed supports, including generic community services.
· Collaborate with community service providers including DDS and LEA’s to ensure coordination of supports and services.
· Attend ISP and IEP meetings of individuals on caseload as deemed appropriate.
· Provide supervision and support to all assigned respite care and support providers.
· Complete and maintain required documentation as required.
· Provide support and assistance to individuals necessary for them to attain their personal objectives related to independence and community membership.
· Promote individual choice and self-expression based upon quality service principles.
· Assist in outreach activities including development of materials and program presentations.
· Develop opportunities/forums that provide support and education to families.
· Participate in staff and clinical team meetings, supervision and case reviews.
· Provide emergency beeper coverage services during non-office hours and respond to emergencies as needed.
· Maintain compliance with all Kennedy Donovan Center policies and procedures, DDS regulations requirements and quality service standards.
· Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Service related field
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Commitment to community based supports to individuals with developmental disabilities
· Commitment to and knowledge of family-centered services.
· Able to meet required competency level in Microsoft Office Software.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to meet with families and/or individuals within their homes.
· Extensive travel required.