Facilitate and coordinate the provision of supports and services for families and individuals with developmental disabilities, including extensive use of generic community resources. Participate and plan community events and activities that enhance the provision of supports and services for families and individuals with developmental disabilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or Human Service related field.
· LSW, LSWA or eligibility preferred.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Commitment to community based supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
· Commitment to family-centered services.
· Able to meet required competency level in Microsoft Office Software.
· Ability to network and liaison within the community
· Ability to meet with families and/or individuals
· Extensive travel required.
· Ability to sit for extended time periods.
· Frequent phone use required.
· Ability to use computer
· Flexibility to meet based on families’ schedules including evenings
· Function as a service coordinator/contact person for families/individuals
· Assist and support families in identifying their needs and preferences for resources and support
· Develop Family Support Plans and Expenditure plans in collaboration with families.
· Facilitate and coordinate access for families in obtaining needed supports, including generic community services.
· Work cooperatively/collaboratively with other community providers, LEA special education departments and DDS to ensure coordination of supports and services.
· Provide supervision and support to all assigned respite and support providers.
· Provide resource and referral information to families.
· Participate in Family Advisory Council activities.
· Participate in staff meetings, group and individual supervision and case reviews
· Participate in professional development activities and trainings necessary to enhance skills.
· Complete and maintain all documentation and utilization data.
· Explore and access all other funding resources to be utilized for services.
· Encourage and support family participation in family leadership opportunities.
· Maintain basic money tracking sheets
· Maintain compliance with all Kennedy-Donovan Center policies and procedures, DDS regulations and Family Support guidelines.
· Provide emergency coverage services during non-office hours and respond to emergencies as needed.
· Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.