Salary: 25.96 (USD) Hourly
The Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the agency:
- Meeting its fundraising objectives for the Annual Fund;
- Preparing all communications and publications; and
- Coordinating and implementing fundraising events that also serve to expand The Arc's network of friends and donors.
The Marketing and Development Coordinator works closely with senior staff in establishing and fulfilling he agency's mission. He/she reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and must maintain positive, professional relationships with individuals served, families/guardians, peers, community partners and government agencies.
- Manages organization communications to effectively market organization's brand and image to partners and community.
- Represents the organization to the community, government and media to publicize its programs and needs.
- Develops and implements promotional, publicity and marketing programs via marketing material, press releases, social media and direct marketing campaigns, and event marketing.
- Develops marketing and special events budget and controls costs in approved budget.
- Implements and oversees a planned public relations program.
- Works closely with the CEO and Board of Directors (BOD) to make and fulfill fundraising commitments of the Annual Fund appeal through direct mail campaigns.
- Provide fundraising training and resources for Board of Directors, staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate Annual Fund volunteers.
- Coordinates general volunteer recognition for the agency.
- Responsible for development and implementation of e-Newsletter.
- Writes and maintains website content that motivates, informs and intrigues users so that they regularly access the site and use it for information and decision-making.
- Identify trends and insights on social media platforms such as Giving Tuesday and devises and manages strategies.
- Identifies, creates, and executes new content strategies for social media and beyond.
- Coordination and implementation of fundraising events that also serve to expand The Arc's network of friends and donors.
- Plans and coordinates all special event fundraisers that generate funds, attendance, and expands network of friends and donors.
- Develops donor and event participant databases.
- Conducts oneself professionally, establishing and maintaining professional boundaries.
- Writes effectively for a variety of audiences.
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the Part-Time Development Assistant.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and 3 – 5 years relevant experience including donor relations experience. Significant experience in field will be considered in lieu of education.
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record and CORI is required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity.
- Advanced computer literacy skills with experience in Adobe Suite, Raiser's Edge, Constant Contact, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; kneel, bend and carry items: and sustain periods of walking, standing, and sitting.
- Exceptional communication skills in written and verbal English which convey clear direction, desired results and vision to staff, individuals/families served, government agencies, community partners, funding sources, and senior management.
- Functional and situational reasoning to follow policy, problem solve, exercise sound judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage crisis.
Comprehensive benefits package including vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, health, dental, life, disability, and 401K. Advancement opportunities.
The Arc of Opportunity is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged.
The Arc of Opportunity North Central Massachusetts is a smoke free workplace and campus.