Schedule: Flexible during Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
- -Provide direct nursing care to individuals.
- -Consult with Program Director(s) and Senior Program Directors, Nurses to promote and ensure optimum health and health care of individuals in programs.
- Monitor, evaluate and make recommendations regarding medical issues.
- -Oversee and facilitate all healthcare services provided to the individual while at program.
- -Maintain communication with medical professionals including meeting with them as necessary, regarding medication and or health care needs of individuals, obtaining reports and medical care plans.
- -Advocate for access to high quality health care for individuals.
- -Provide training to staff and individuals in health care, such as blood pressure monitoring, insulin management, g-tube and j-tube feedings, skin care, diabetes, health care documentation, etc.
- -Write medical assessments and health care assessments, health care treatment plans.
- -Act as on call consultant to staff on a rotating schedule.
- -Monitor Medication in assigned programs.
- -Monitor medical record keeping systems of assigned caseload, in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- -Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team, including physical therapist, occupational therapists, speech and language pathologist, and behavior consultants.
- -Advise program director and DH provider staff of any medical problems that may hinder an individuals participation in DH or specific activities.
- -Supervise nursing staff including RN’s, LPN’s and CNA’s.
- -Additional duties as assigned.
- Massachusetts Licensed Registered Nurse.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Professional writing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to advocate effectively for medical and health needs of clients.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds Ability to assist people with mobility impairments.
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.