SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Human Resources Staffing Coordinator reports to the Human Resources Hiring Manager. The Coordinator processes staffing for the Residential Department and assists with the overall administrative support and maintenance of day-to-day transactional HR functions. This includes processing mandated CORI, OIG, driving records, National Background (Finger printing) and reference checks for conditional offers. The Coordinator works cooperatively with department directors in meeting staffing needs. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations as they relate to the HR function. This position will be compensated on an hourly basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive applications, pre-screen candidates, set up and coordinate the interview sessions for the Residential Department open positions.
- Submit and track CORI, OIG, Driving Record, Reference checks and Fingerprinting for conditional offers.
- Coordinate and schedule New Hire Paperwork appointments with new employees to include typing Orientation schedule, job descriptions, etc.
- Verification of I-9 documentation
- Coordinate and process internal transfers for Residential staff
- Work in tandem with Residential Directors in the hiring process.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external policies and regulations
- Manage all CORI’s and CORI Audit books.
- Manage and maintain internal job postings on FTE list and open positions list for Residential positions.
- Advertise / post internally and externally positions on appropriate web based job sites, newspapers, etc. on an as needed basis
- Attend career and recruiting events; both internal and external on an as needed basis
- Responsible for computerized Personnel Records (Paylocity) and maintenance of information.
- Notify employees whose driver’s license has expired, to ensure proper compliance is adhered.
- Cross-trained in a variety Human Resources job duties, back up for the HR and Front Office Staff.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain confidentiality and positive demeanor while successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Respond to employee information requests, as appropriate.
- Attendance at administrative and other meetings as required.
- Provide recommendations to your supervisor regarding ways to improve the current systems
- Observe all Agency policies and procedures
- Accept responsibility and accountability as part of the position
- Various duties as assigned
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the principles and practices of Human Resources.
- Work discreetly with highly confidential information such as salaries and employment records.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of employees.
- Organized, dependable and even temperament; good phone manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of office equipment.
- Must be able to bend, lift, stoop, reach and file.
- Maintain CPR & AED Certifications.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.A. or B.S. preferred
- Minimum two years office experience, HR experience which includes recruitment, onboarding and applicant tracking systems
- Must be 21+ years old, have a High School Diploma or GED, a valid driver’s license and be available by telephone for daily contact.