Type: Regular Part-Time
Number of Hours per Week: 20+
Advocates is seeking an independent, motivated, enthusiastic clinical professional to join our expanding team!
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Jail Diversion Social Worker works in conjunction with the police department and our Psychiatric Emergency Services division to provide psychiatric and substance abuse evaluations to needing program participants.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Accompany first-responding officers to call-out situations, promoting an ethical, structured, healthy and helpful environment. Serve as clinical liaison to Police Department personnel.
- Provide psychiatric and substance abuse evaluation of individuals and families in crisis in police custody, community, clinic, and hospital settings.
- Provide crisis intervention services including crisis case management and short-term crisis counseling as follow-up from initial evaluation.
- Maintain linkages with community services by providing documented case consultations and problem resolution, and referring individuals to appropriate services.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of managed care and health insurance systems; provide other clinicians with managed care information and resources pertinent to the crises being managed.
- Participate in cross training of police personnel and Psychiatric Emergency Service (PES) staff.
- Master's Degree in related counseling field and a minimum of two years’ experience in crisis intervention (inpatient, outpatient, residential acceptable).
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have access to an operational and insured vehicle.
- Excellent client intake, interviewing and assessment skills.
- Proactive, ethical, creative and enthusiastic approach and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain satisfactory working relationships with employees and providers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.