Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Job Coach will assist program participants in securing and maintaining suitable employment. This role will ultimately match candidates with prospective employers by assessing the candidate's interests and abilities against the needs of the employer, and will remain actively engaged with both parties throughout employment.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Match job seekers (program participants) and employers.
- Complete intake interviews and orientation to employment assistance services.
- Actively identify available employment opportunities at local businesses and share with individuals, families and support teams.
- Coordinate interviews with individuals and perspective employers.
- Assist in developing and implementing pre-employment and employment placement plans for job seekers.
- Coordinate individual’s transportation to and from work. Provide transportation as necessary.
- Obtain feedback from employer regarding individual’s work performance. Work with job seekers, their families and support teams to identify appropriate training and support needs.
- Maintain open communication regarding program services with individuals, their families, funding source representatives, day program and residential program staff.
- Maintain individual records as required including timely and thorough completion of all necessary progress reports, billing requirements, and other required documents.
- Associate’s Degree and 2 years of human services experience (Direct Care / Support, residential, etc.).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- High energy level, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to function independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Must be able to multi-task with frequently changing priorities.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, and have access to an operational and insured vehicle.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Monday - Friday 8am-4pm
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.