Ensures the highest level of excellence of support and training is provided to individuals with development disabilities working independently in the community. Provides opportunities for individuals to develop new job skills, expand existing ones, and develop and support employment relationships between individuals and the community employer. Provide reliable and courteous transportation to individuals with safety a top priority; a communication link between individuals and the employer.
- Provide individual instruction and skill development activities in all areas related to the specified employment responsibilities for individuals on the job site including any areas specified in the Individual Support Plan.
- Documenting progress through narrative notes and completing data collections sheets.
- Ensuring quality work is performed on all work sites when covering group employment.
- Supporting individuals to be fully integrated members of their work community by offering frequent opportunities to participate in the full range of activities at the workplace. This includes helping individuals to experience all opportunities offered at the job site, to cultivate personal interests and to make friends with co-workers.
- Transporting individuals in agency vehicles to homes, businesses, and agency sites.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections. Keep assigned vehicles clean.
- Maintain accurate, up to date records on trip sheets, consumer transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested.
- Assist individuals in and out of the vehicle. This will include, but may not be limited to, operating ramps, lifts, and utilizing securement devices, as needed.
- High school diploma / GED. 2 years experience in the human services field working with individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate effective time management skills to demonstrate provision of support to all persons on caseload meeting each individuals requirements.
- Must be able to work independently and professionally represent Minute Man Arc to community employers.
- Valid drivers’ license and an acceptable driving record.
- Obtain, and maintain, certification in First Aid, CPR, and Drivers’ Safety and other mandated trainings.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT OUR CAREER/OPPORTUNITIES PAGE AT: www.minutemanarc.org
Minute Man Arc offers competitive salaries, training, educational and advancement opportunities, and a comprehensive benefit package. We offer a work environment which values and respects the diversity of our staff. Minute Man Arc is an EO employer – M/F/VET/DISABLED and other protected categories.