The Arc of Greater Plymouth (www.thearcofgp.org) is a nonprofit agency founded in 1966, that provides services and supports to over 550 individuals with developmental disabilities and their families in Southeastern Massachusetts. We understand that as people grow and change their support needs may change as well. Our supports offer as much choice and control as possible to accommodate people's changing needs and preferences. Our mission is to provide individualized supports, programs and services to assist individuals to thrive at home, at work and in their communities.is to support people to live where they choose, with whom they choose, for as long as they wish with the ongoing supports needed to sustain that choice.
Position: Licensed Practical Nurse, ABI, Wareham, MA
Report to: Registered Nurse, ABI & ABI Program Manager
Status: Full-time, Part-time & Per Diem, Non-exempt
Schedule: Shifts available: Sat & Sun 7am-3pm; Sun – Sat 3pm-11pm
The Licensed Practical Nurse in our ABI program administers nursing care in a residential environment under the supervision of a registered nurse. Provides basic medical care, including changing bandages and administering prescribed medication. Ensure the health, comfort and safety of the Individuals by assisting with bathing, feeding, and dressing. Monitor and report changes in individual’s condition to supervisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend to the daily needs of the Individuals in a residential setting
- Teach socialization skills and activities of daily living.
- Provide clinical oversight to ABI program regarding medication administration
- Work with community physicians and program staff to formulate and implement effective medical treatment plans
- Ensure safe & proper storage of medications and ensure medication are administered as prescribed
- Record and appropriately utilize necessary data, daily progress notes, staff log and complete all other ISP & program required documentation
- Advise program manager & staff of any medical problems that may hinder an Individual’s progress or that may be aggravated by activities at the program
- Review medical records & physician orders to ensue program compliance, updating information as needed
- Transport Individuals to and from day programs, medical appointments and other activities as required
- Maintain knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues & concerns
- Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by program manager
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and for The Arc’s mission statement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalency, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Possession of MA license as a nurse with experience working with disabled population
- Previous experience working with individuals with acquired brain injuries, developmental disabilities, and/or physical disabilities strongly preferred
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Proven success developing positive working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- Have a current physical and TB screening
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, driving record check, reference check, and national fingerprinting.