- Provide and evaluate direct nursing care for patients under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Assist the registered nurse in performing specialized procedures.
- Participate in educational programs for personnel.
- Observe, record and report to the immediate supervisor on general physical and mental condition of the patient.
- Promote and participate in education and rehabilitation.
- Administer prescribed medication and treatments ordered by the attending physician under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes which include observations, response to treatment, services provided, teaching activities performed, change in patient status and indication of progress.
- Assist the patient in learning appropriate self care techniques.
- Coordinate care with other staff assigned to the patient.
- Comply with agency policies and procedures.
- Family consultation and communication with other professionals and skilled service providers.
- Assist as necessary in the delivery of other required program services.
- Must have a current valid license to practice as a licensed practical nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Must have physical exam within the last 12 months, TB screening bi-annually and CPR certification and Basic First Aid.
- Driving License Required? Yes