Schedule: 3-11 shift Tuesday-Friday
- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc.
- a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks a Licensed Practical Nurse-LPN who will provide nursing and direct care services to adults living in a Residential Program.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse-LPN will monitor the health care of adults who face challenges presented by developmental disabilities.
- S/he will be assigned a caseload within the LPN scope of practice and assist with accessing appropriate health care.
- The LPN is also responsible for direct care when appropriate, monitoring the medication system, and training staff.
- We are looking for someone who strive to: Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Provide training and leadership to staff and residents in health care.
- Consult with program directors and senior program directors to promote and ensure optimum health and health care of individuals in programs.
- Monitor medical record keeping systems of assigned caseload, in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Oversee health care duties of Certified Nurse Assistants and Direct Care Staff Advocate for access to high quality health care for individuals.
- Monitor, evaluate and make recommendations regarding medical issues.
- Facilitate communication with medical professionals including meeting with them as necessary, regarding medication and or health care needs of individuals.
- Provide medication administration in compliance with MAP policies.
- Complete shift nursing notes, treatment sheets, flow sheets, vital signs, and pain monitoring documentation.
- Provide personal hygiene care including bathing, showering, shaving, nail clipping, dressing, grooming, changing, oral hygiene, while promoting independence.
- What you will need to bring: Experience – two years nursing experience.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED.
- Licensure – Massachusetts Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Physical – Ability to drive the wheelchair van to take residents to and from appointments.
- Keywords: Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, Care Worker, Caregiver, Group Home, Residential Counselor, Direct Care, DSP, Nursing, Medical, Healthcare Advocacy, Support, Human Services, Nonprofit
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.