day program operates Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30am and 5:00pm
- Provides nursing services and treatments to participants.
- Supervises the care and services provided to participants by program aides, volunteers and other personnel, as applicable.
- Participates in the completion of participants’ comprehensive assessments and plans of care.
- Writes nursing notes at least one time per month or more often as necessary to address significant changes and health-care teaching in each participant’s health record.
- Responds appropriately to any acute changes in a participant’s health or functioning.
- Provides appropriate health-care education for each participant and legally authorized representative.
- Obtains, reviews and implements primary care provider orders.
- Coordinates the participant’s care with the primary care provider and, if applicable, community service providers.
- Administers prescribed medication and treatments ordered by the primary care physician Participates in educational programs for personnel.
- Assists participants in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Coordinates care with other staff assigned to the participant Consults and communicates with other professionals and skilled service providers.
- A Licensed Practical Nurse currently registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Two years of recent experience in the direct care of adults or chronically disabled persons.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Must have had a physical within the past 12 months, including TB screening.
- Physical exam required every two years.
- TB screening required every year.
- Must pass Nurse Aide Registry Check per DPH requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively in English – both verbally and in writing.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Driving License Required? No