Delta Projects, Inc. is seeking a MAP Trainer. The MAP (Medication Administration Program) Nurse Trainer reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will work a flexible schedule adapted to meet the training needs of the Agency and teach MAP certification and recertification class along with scheduling testing conducted by D & S Diversified Technologies. The nurse will consult on MAP audits to evaluate compliance with Department of Developmental Services)/ MAP regulations to the residences.
Delta Projects, Inc., is nonprofit organization, located in Dedham, MA, supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live and grow in a manner consistent with that of other citizens of the Commonwealth. Delta promotes dignity and respect for each individual while also focusing on individual needs, hopes and desires.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct MAP certification and recertification training in accordance with DDS regulations and MAP retraining as needed.
• Schedule MAP testing by D & S Diversified Technologies.
Track pass rates of MAP students and provide additional tutoring when needed for staff who are not successful in initial attempts to pass the MAP Certification test.
• Be available for consultation on MAP issues in Delta Projects residences in accordance to DPH/MAP regulation.
•Retrain and coach staff who’ve had Medication Occurrences to achieve MAP compliance.
• Handle related job duties in compliance with agency’s Programmatic Policy Manual.
• Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Work cooperatively with DDS and other groups specific to people supported at Delta Projects.
• Attend a ‘Train the Trainer’ to become a MAP instructor and attend the biannual meetings to maintain your instructor status.
• Implement the agency mission through service delivery, staff development, and resource acquisition.
• Attend administrative and other meetings as required.
• Provide recommendations to your supervisor regarding ways to improve the current systems.
• Observe all Agency policies and procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality and positive demeanor while successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts by the Board of Registration.
• Two years of experience as a registered nurse.
• Experience with intellectually/developmentally disabled population preferred.
• Must be 21+ years old, have a valid driver’s license, daily use of a car and available by telephone for daily contact.
Group Medical/Health Insurance
Life Insurance (fully paid by employer)
Short Term Disability Programs (fully paid by employee)
Education and Training
Tuition Remission (state sponsored)
403(b) retirement plan with company match
Cafeteria Plans Section 125