Type: Regular Part-Time
Hours per Week: 22
The Shuttle Driver provides the safe transportation of staff to and from the main building in a company-owned minivan and on an established route and time schedule.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Safely transport staff members to/from the main building on a set schedule and established route.
- Monitor and answer assigned company phone.
- Maintain operation of vehicle; fuel vehicle as needed.
- Report suspected maintenance issues with vehicle to supervisor at end of shift.
- Observe and abide all Federal and State traffic regulations in the respective states in which operating.
- Observe all safety laws and ensure passengers adhere to all safety laws.
- Assist passengers with placing and securing personal belongings safely in the vehicle.
- Ensure the smooth transfer of duties when starting/ending shifts by sharing and accepting relevant shift information with other staff members; prioritize information to ensure an effective transfer of duties.
- Greet and welcome passengers in a friendly professional welcoming manner.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Attend and actively participate in supervision and staff meetings.
- High School diploma or equivalent degree required.
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts Driver’s License for a period of at least 3+ years.
- Ability to successfully pass a driving test and Motor Vehicle background.
- Ability to adhere to all Massachusetts driving laws.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.