Minimum Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Type Regular Full-Time
Number of Hours Per Week 40
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Mobile Substance Abuse Counselor will provide clinical supervision and rehabilitative direction independently to a caseload of clients who carry a diagnosis of major mental illness. In addition, the Counselor will assist in the coordination of services within the interdisciplinary team as well as collateral contacts, provide clinical leadership, and emergency on-call services to programs as needed.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Provide support, supervision and delivery of client services such as intake, treatment planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of other services to achieve client goals. Provide transportation to program participants as connected to treatment needs.
- Participate in or facilitate group work.
- Attend other treatment meetings and participate in the development of the Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Develop and document Individual Action Plans (IAPs) and reviews, outlining rehabilitative goals and interventions, which reflect program participant preference and meet stablished standards.
- Perform interventions with program participants that address their identified goals and result in skill development.
- Communicate program participant’s progress, mental status, and any changes in daily notes, monthly submission of progress notes and submission treatment plans as needed. Provide crisis intervention and access emergency services.
- Ensure that the client’s rehabilitative treatment and clinical records meet Rehab Option Standards.
- Maintain ongoing constructive and productive communications with agency staff and service providers.
- Identify and address community integration issues for clients on caseload or as designated.
- Provide on-call coverage for emergency crisis intervention and consultation.
- Master’s Degree in related field and one year of related experience; or Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years’ related experience. Must either hold a current Substance Abuse certification or obtain such within six months of hire.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Connect With Us!