Schedule: as needed, day program operates Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30am and 5:00pm
- Provides all nursing services in Adult Day Health according to individual participants’ plans of care.
- Evaluates patient care needs upon admission to the adult day health program and regularly re-evaluates the patient’s nursing needs, as needed.
- Supervises program assistants regarding any and all nursing services provided.
- Coordinates the completion of, and ensures the accuracy of, each participant’s assessment, as needed.
- Assists with the nursing care plan for each patient based on the nursing assessment and prescribed plan of treatment and revises when indicated Assist with the completion of nursing documentation, as directed by the Program Manager and/or senior RN as necessary to reflect each participant’s health care status.
- Responds appropriately to any acute changes in a participant’s health status or functioning.
- Provides appropriate health-care education for each participant and legally authorized representative.
- Obtains, reviews and implements primary care provider orders.
- Coordinates the participant’s care with the primary care provider and, if applicable, community service provider.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Assists the patient and family with the use of community resources, as applicable.
- Supervise medication management services.
- A licensed Registered Nurse currently registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Shall have at least two years of recent experience in the direct care of adults or chronically disabled persons.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Must have had a physical within the past 12 months, including TB screening.
- Physical exam required every two years.
- TB screening required every year.
- Must pass drug screen prior to employment and random screenings thereafter.
- Must pass Nurse Aide Registry Check per DPH requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively in English – both verbally and in writing.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Driving License Required? No