Full Time with Benefits
Massachusetts Advocates Standing Strong (MASS) is a well-respected 501(c)3 non-profit advocacy organization that empowers individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and self-advocates to speak up for their rights. We provide trainings, support regional self-advocacy groups, partner on projects with other agencies, organize statewide events, and educate our legislators about the issues that affect people with I/DD.
Please read the Job Description for an overview of duties below.
Requirements to apply:
- Experience with communication and administrative tools such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Excel, Constant Contact, WordPress, and other social media channels preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in project management; experience coordinating multidisciplinary project teams, preferred.
- Experience supervising staff and multiple projects and initiatives
- Experience working with self-advocates and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills for working both independently and as part of a team
- Self-Starter, reliable, ability to foresee issues before they arise and resolve
- Effective interpersonal skills to influence, guide solutions, demonstrated understanding of work flow process and change management
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal Desire to be in a workplace where you can make a difference in people’s lives!
- Desire to be in a workplace where you can make a difference in people's lives!
TITLE: Operations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Statewide Coordinator (the lead staff position in the organization reporting to the M.A.S.S. Executive Board)
SUMMARY: As an Operations Coordinator you will support the various programs, trainings, and development initiatives for M.A.S.S. You will interact with M.A.S.S. members, constituents, and staff throughout the state of Massachusetts both virtually via web and teleconference as well as in-person at M.A.S.S. events, forums and trainings. The candidate who fills this role will be organized, deadline oriented, and able prioritize work on multiple projects. Experience with project management, supervision, reporting, payroll, invoicing and communications initiatives required. Additional experience with communication and administrative tools such as Google Suite, Excel Constant Contact, WordPress, and other social media channels preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating and managing new and existing contracts and training initiatives. Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to drive project goals and objectives. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of projects and programs.
- Prepares reports for management regarding status of projects, trainings, and development initiatives. Monitors progress against the plan and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Involved in coordinating email and social media communication efforts developing both short term and long term campaigns that align with the organization’s contracted goals and strategic priorities.
- Assist with editing, updating, and strengthening current website. Initial work will be updating website resources with future goal to project manage a new website launch.
- Overseeing and supervising bi-weekly payroll processing with other M.A.S.S. staff and outside consultants and generating other invoices for billing of contracts.
- Coordinating day to day activities of projects, setting up excel tracking systems, and organizing meetings and conferences.
- Gathering all project information: schedules, data requests, assignment tasks, and project meetings.
- Working with work team leads to understand and assist with tracking all work, task and project assignments via Google Calendar and other shared project tools in Google Suite.
- Maintaining document control, database management, tracking project activities and team communication.
Other work as assigned by the State Coordinator.
Hours: 40 – Full Time; Monday through Friday, with an occasional Saturday as required by an event
Work Setting: This position requires the employee to work on-site in an open office setting 85% of the time. There will also be other off site meetings and events as required.
Salary Range: $47,000+
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and the contact info for 3 references to:
Marie D’Aoust and Brian Kremer at email@example.com
All applications must be in by: August 9, 2019
Please email Marie and Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions. Thank you for your interest.