The placement coordinator manages and oversees high quality placements, with the goal of supporting our individuals to live a happy, healthy and productive life. We achieve our goals by implementing industry best practices, creating innovative solutions to complex problems and employing staff who care deeply about individuals and our mission. At HopeWell, we value good communication, transparency, reliable support and the pursuit of excellence. The Placement Coordinator develops a partnership and provides guidance to meet the evolving needs and interests of our individuals as they age. We are focused on becoming an employer of choice and an industry leader providing supports to adults with intellectual challenges and empowering them to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
This position is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with the Director of DDS programs in developing and growing the Shared Living program.
- Assure high quality supports are provided to the individuals by providing direction and guidance to the care providers.
- Through a Positive Behavior Support (PBS) approach increase individuals’ independence
- Collaborate with the Director and participate in recruitment, selection, and evaluation of care providers.
- Collaborate with the Director and assist with the referral and intake process and ensure appropriate placements are made.
- Interview care providers and facilitate the matching and transition process.
- Develop positive relationships with individuals and care providers.
- Monitor and assess current and new placements minimally on a monthly basis.
- Train care providers in all aspects of their responsibilities.
- Support the development and growth of all individuals served in the program.
- Act as program liaison to local DDS Area Offices, Survey & Certification, and other Department personnel as delineated by the Director.
- Act as liaison with other agencies involved in providing services to the individuals we support such as day programs.
- Ensure that the program meets and complies with all applicable DDS regulations: overseeing compliance of individuals and care providers with mandated trainings.
- Ensure all program record keeping and documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Oversee policies and procedures for care providers and individuals.
- Participate in state wide shared living round table meetings and the yearly shared living & AFC Conference.
- Participate actively in the development and implementation of the program’s strategic plan, with the focus on program growth.
- Maintain necessary certifications and attend assigned trainings
- Attend and actively participates in supervision and staff meetings.
- Ensure that individuals we support are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Hopewell’s Human Rights policy.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- BS/BA in related field with 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities or 4-6 years’ experience in providing direct services to DDS clients, preferably in a Shared living setting; involvement with PBS implementation preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and able to use good judgment.
- Ability to make decisions and multi-task efficiently
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Empathy and desire to work with adults with developmental disabilities
- Desire to learn and grow professionally and is comfortable asking questions
- Open-minded, self-initiates and open to receiving constructive feedback
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrates flexibility/adaptability, resourcefulness, and professionalism
- Passion, enthusiasm, excitement for the human services field
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse population of individuals, co-workers, care providers, families, community members and other stakeholders.
- Daily access to an automobile is required.
- A valid MA State Driver’s License.
- Remain current in all required trainings.
- Clearing of background checks as required by state and federal law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply: please submit an application, cover letter, and resume using the following URL: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/1351/HopeWell-Inc
HopeWell Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer.