Founded in 1973 as GMPI, Thrive Support & Advocacy is an entrepreneurial and progressive nonprofit human service organization empowering children and adults with developmental disabilities to lead rich, active and self-directed lives. Through our unique services, proactive philosophy, and unfailing commitment to our participants, we help create lives filled with happiness, meaning, and pride.
Revenues: $5 to $6 million
For more information, please visit www.icanthrive.org
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President / CEO will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Thrive's staff, programs, volunteers, and budgetary controls. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody looking to take charge and build on our considerable recent momentum and visibility. The organization is looking for someone who can open doors of collaboration, has a passion for our mission, and can expand fundraising efforts to grow the organization. Thrive seeks a visionary CEO with a proven track record of generating diverse financial support for ambitious, innovative programming.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing service excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance, administration, fundraising, communications and systems.
- Work side by side with the Board of Directors and Management team to implement the objectives of Thrive’s Strategic Plan.
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations and funders.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Board of Directors and serve as ex-officio member of the Board.
- Lead, coach, develop and retain a high-performance management team. Ensure effective systems are in place to measure work performance, provide regular feedback and nurture the hard working, personal accountability culture at Thrive.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing / future programs and establishing a Long Term Capital Reserve budget.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities by participating in civic organizations and developing connections with local political and community leaders.
- All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- At least 10 years of senior management experience in a Human Services organization with the ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Full accountability for Profit and Loss management and success.
- Experience with working with state agencies, specifically the Department of Developmental Services (DDS).
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives and manage to a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate mutually beneficial board member relationships.
- Experience in marketing, public relations, and fundraising with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Must be passionate, possess impeccable integrity, maintain a positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.