Type: Regular Full-Time
Number of Hours per Week: 40
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Framingham Community Connections Coalition (hosted by Advocates) works to identify and address unmet needs of children and families, and partners with local service providers, bridging the gap to ensure that proper supportive care is accessed. The Program Director is responsible for the administration, oversight, and day to day operations of the Coalition and its various programs and activities. This unique opportunity will rely on your knowledge of and professional relationships within Framingham and surrounding areas, and a creative approach as to how they can be helpful in strengthening children and family care services.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Communicate the Coalition’s mission and vision to the community.
- Facilitate strategic planning and develop, implement, and administer Coalition’s various programs and activities. Meet regularly with stakeholders including leadership, staff, sub-committees and community partners.
- Oversee grant writing, fundraising, record keeping, marketing and development efforts.
- Prepare and manage annual operating budgets.
- Select, supervise, and evaluate Coalition staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate the development of the Coalition’s annual Action Plan.
- Develop community based partnerships to enhance the Coalition’s mission.
- Represent the Coalition at city of Framingham meetings and groups.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and programmatic and funding regulations.
- Serve as spokesperson for the Coalition and liaison to the Department of Children and Families, as well as other funding sources.
- Attend and actively participate in supervision and staff meetings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree required. Five years’ program management experience required. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of statewide and local human services delivery system; familiarity with the Framingham community, resources, care entities, etc..
- Experience in community organizing, and administration and state contract regulations.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining strong community partnerships.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong social media competence and computer skills.
- High energy level, excellent organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to function in a team atmosphere, work independently with minimal supervision and flexible with hours.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.