Minimum Education Required High School Diploma/GED
Type Regular Full-Time
Number of Hours Per Week 40
The Psychiatric Rehabilitation Specialist will provide psychiatric rehabilitative interventions to a group of people receiving support. In addition, this role will assist in the coordination of services within the interdisciplinary team as well as collateral contacts.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma/GED
- Responsible for the delivery of services, interventions and coordination of other services to achieve client goals, and ensuring a safe home like environment. Provide individualized and group support and supervision to persons served. Maintain ongoing constructive and productive communications with agency staff and outside service providers.
- Identify and address community integration issues for persons served.
- Participate in the development of the treatment plan and attend other treatment meetings.
- Perform interventions with program participants that address their identified goals and result in skill development.
- Provide transportation to program participants as connected to treatment needs.
- Provide crisis intervention and access emergency services as needed.
- Communicate program participant’s progress, status, and any changes in daily notes, monthly submission of progress notes and submission treatment plans.
- Ensure that the client’s rehabilitative treatment and clinical records meet Rehab Option Standards.
- Ensure all paperwork, reports, trainings are up to date and completed within the Divisions expected timelines.
- Maintain professional, pleasant, approachable and helpful demeanor at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; or High School Diploma and two years’ related experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team oriented environment and as well as work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task. Advanced analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Connect With Us!