Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Registered Nurse serves as a registered nurse providing oversight of MAP, medical and psychiatric monitoring, consultation, and coordination for persons served.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Provide on-site support to direct care staff and program managers by assisting in the development of strategies to address the special needs of individuals with a variety of acute and chronic health issues.
- Communicate and network with other health care professionals and providers within program communities to develop relationships and improve the care individuals receive from external providers.
- Provide on call assistance to program staff regarding any medication related issues.
- Provide follow-up instructions to program staff involved in medication occurrences.
- Teach vital signs certifications, health protocols, and any other DPH/MAP approved classes.
- Follow up on DPH registered programs and their med certified staff to ensure that MAP guidelines for the administration, documentation, storage, and disposal of medications are being followed.
- Provide trainings that focus on taking individuals to medical appointments and how to communicate effectively with healthcare providers.
- Attend, as needed, post hospitalization discharge meetings.
- Ensure all paperwork, reports, notes are up to date and completed within the Divisions expected timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and current, state of MA, registration in nursing. One year of experience in a community health care setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.