Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Registered Nurse serves as a registered nurse providing oversight of MAP, medical and psychiatric monitoring, consultation, and coordination for persons served.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Provide on-site support to direct care staff and program managers by assisting in the development of strategies to address the special needs of individuals with a variety of acute and chronic health issues.
- Communicate and network with other health care professionals and providers within program communities to develop relationships and improve the care individuals receive from external providers.
- Provide on call assistance to program staff regarding any medication related issues.
- Provide follow-up instructions to program staff involved in medication occurrences.
- Teach vital signs certifications, health protocols, and any other DPH/MAP approved classes.
- Follow up on DPH registered programs and their med certified staff to ensure that MAP guidelines for the administration, documentation, storage, and disposal of medications are being followed.
- Provide trainings that focus on taking individuals to medical appointments and how to communicate effectively with healthcare providers.
- Attend, as needed, post hospitalization discharge meetings.
- Ensure all paperwork, reports, notes are up to date and completed within the Divisions expected timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and current, state of MA, registration in nursing. One year of experience in a community health care setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.