- Provide direct care and shift coverage for a residential program serving adults with intellectual, emotional and physical disabilities.
- Ensure the individuals stability, safety, health promotion and maintenance, as well as acquisition of community living skills.
- Accompany residents on appointments and community outings.
- Implement behavioral and psychiatric rehabilitation treatment plans.
- Work collaboratively with other treatment providers, family, and guardians to ascertain that the needs of the clients are attended to in a manner that maximizes each person’s dignity and quality of life.
- Provide crisis intervention and routine medication administration.
- Maintain cleanliness of home, providing assistance with cleaning rooms and common areas and fully cleaning areas that residents do not have the skills to complete.
- Assist in all aspects of home life such as meal planning and preparation, budgeting and leisure time.
- Previous and demonstrated skills working effectively with adults in a residential or inpatient setting.
- Demonstrated ability to provide documentation for incident reports and shift logs.
- Ability to work as part of a team and have the compassion and patience needed with adults with severe disabilities.
- Must pass MAP certification within 60 days of hire.
- Driving License Required? Yes