The Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing services as defined in the LPN scope of practice and under the direction of the Residential Program Nurse.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Days of the Week
- Assist residents with all aspects of medical management including physicals, referrals, prescriptions, appointments and treatments. Provide emergency first aid in the case of a medical crisis.
- Coordinate with residents, family members, physicians, other medical providers, and site team regarding all medical care and changes in status, treatment or medication.
- Implement, oversee, document and supervise medication management in accordance with agency and funder regulations.
- Oversee direct care staff, under the direction of the Residential Program Nurse.
- Monitor and evaluate the continuity and level of care provided, devising ideas for quality improvement when needed.
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings, service planning meetings, resident and family meetings.
- Massachusetts as a Licensed Practical Nurse and 1 year experience in a community healthcare setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with individuals, families, funding sources, consultants, the community at large, and the program and administrative staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.