Schedule: Per Diem : Weekends and Holidays. including shift coverage as needed.
- Mission Statement: Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
- The Safety and Security Officer promotes leadership and helps supports the Bay Cove mission and addresses community concerns in a proactive and professional manner.
- Welcomes clients, staff and guests to the treatment center by providing a positive, professional and respectful presence at all times.
- Serves as a community diplomat and represents the treatment center as a good neighbor and responsive community partner. Works assigned scheduled and follows all Bay Cove Human services policies.
- Ensures that the clients are respectfully, safely and efficiently facilitated access to the entrance of the treatment center
- Maintains the entrance and exits of the treatment Center as well as stairways, Elevators and hallways to ensure it remains clear of people who are loitering or disruptive, ensuring a calm environment on the sidewalk and within the street, and providing ample room for pedestrians to pass.
- • Intervenes in crisis situations using good judgment, communication skills, de-escalation techniques, and calling upon emergency services as needed.
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekend and Holidays as scheduled. Attend required training and meetings. Demonstrates dependability and reliability. Communicates in real-time with Program Director of the TC, and the internal nursing Staff.
- Completes and submits to the Director of Safety and Security and the Director of the treatment center a written incident reports in a timely manner for any incidents that indicates a Safety Breach
- Must be able to work with a diverse population in a respectful, compassionate and supportive manner.
- High school diploma or GED
- experience working with vulnerable populations
- experience with de-escalation techniques or crisis interventions Physical Qualifications:
- Must frequently lift/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific visual abilities required include close vision and peripheral vision.
- Regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to direct, handle, or feel or reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and assist with operating the wheelchair lift.
- Driving License Required? Ye
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.