Develop and implement community based plans for members to increase employability and community skills. Responsible for providing documentation of goals, incidents and data collection for all universal and targeted support plans. Provide reliable and courteous transportation to individuals with safety a top priority. Provide a communication link between individuals and staff; operate and maintain assigned vehicles; and maintain vehicle and individual’s records.
- With the Community Based Day Services team, Develops and executes the key components of a personal plan for the purpose of developing employment and/or community skills.
- Seek out, market to, obtain, and maintain a bank of community based activities.
- In collaboration with the CBDS team, work with each person on your caseload to develop a community goal.
- Train assigned caseload on community living, safety skills, i.e. money management, use of community resources such as the library and restaurants, safety skills, shopping for work/interview clothes, job tours, volunteer work, personal grooming etc., in individualizing training methods to each person's learning style.
- Assure all ISP goals are completed, support strategies and interventions are followed and data collected.
- Provide individual and group instruction on social, community and safety skills.
- Teach and model appropriate social interaction, emphasizing appropriate habits, behaviors, and attitudes.
- Ensure progress notes and reports are maintained and reflect individual goals.
- Provide personal care as needed.
- Operate and maintain transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and consumer courtesy.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections. Keep assigned vehicles clean.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred. Appropriate level of experience working with individuals with disabilities may be substituted for degree.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating effective time management, organizational and planning skills.
- Obtain and maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, Driver’s Safety and other mandated trainings. Paid training is provided.
- A valid driver’s license and a minimum of three years driving experience with a safe driving record.
Minute Man Arc offers competitive salaries, training, educational and advancement opportunities, and a comprehensive benefit package. We offer a work environment which values and respects the diversity of our staff. EOE/AA/M/F/VET/DISABILITY
To Apply: www.minutemanarc.org/careers