- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc.
- a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks Senior Education/Employment Counselor who will provide daily supports to clients with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in our Day Programs The Senior Education and Employment Counselor will provide direct employment support and on-the-job training both in house and in the community including the development and implementation of the Individual Support Plan, We are looking for someone who strive to: Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Write annual assessments and goals.
- Provide daily program coverage for all shifts including program process & procedures.
- Advocate and case manage for program participants with families, residential programs, DDS, service providers and others as needed.
- Teach program curriculum classes and provides other training's as directed.
- Implement clinical and behavioral treatment plans, records target behaviors, participates in clinical consultations, and provides crisis assessment, prevention and intervention as needed.
- Effectively administer medication(s) as required.
- Provide transportation in company vans, performs program maintenance and cleaning tasks and performs other related duties as assigned.
- What you will need to bring: Education - BA/BS Experience – One year previous work experience in a human services.
- Skills – Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse population of individuals, co-workers, care providers, family, community members and others.
- Capacity to work both independently and within a team context.
- License –Valid driver’s license.
- Certification- A current certification in CPR, SFA, PREVENT and MAP.
- Physical - Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed.
- Keywords: Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, Care Worker, Caregiver, Group Home, Case Management, Day Services, Day Programs, Advocacy, Support, Human Services, Nonprofit
- Driving License Required? Yes