Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Shared Living Coordinator will coordinate, provide and supervise high quality supports to the individuals and providers served by Shared Living program.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Implement all policies and procedures of the program.
- Act as program liaison to local department personnel and other agencies involved in providing services to the people we support, such as Day Programs and DDS.
- Ensure that the program meets and complies with all applicable DDS/Medicaid regulations: oversee compliance of providers with mandated trainings.
- Process participant referrals and coordinate the admission process.
- Collaborate with team members to participate in recruitment, selection, and evaluation of Shared Living families.
- Interview families and facilitate the matching and transition of individuals into homes.
- Develop positive relationships with individuals, families and monitor/assess placements minimally on a regular basis.
- Train and supervise staff and families in all facets of their responsibilities.
- Support the development and growth of all individuals served in the program.
- Collaborate with the Shared Living RN as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure all program record keeping and documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Oversee grievance policy for families and individuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and four years’ experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.