Minimum Education Required High School Diploma/GED
Type Regular Full-Time
Number of Hours Per Week 35
The Skills Instructor has responsibility for assigned individuals and for the implementation of those individuals’ Day Habilitation Service Plans. The Skills Instructor will provide the following to assigned individuals: developmental skills training, implementing therapeutic service plan (DHSP) for all assigned individuals and complete documentation which supports such plan.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma/GED
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist individuals to identify and develop goals and plans to address any concerns, wants or needs.
- Provide ongoing support, through personal care, guidance and role modeling for individuals.
- Collaborates with the Case Manager to provide developmental skills training including training in self-care, self-preservation, receptive and expressive communication, self direction, activities of daily living, hygiene, grooming and first aid.
- Collaborates with case manager to create and implement a comprehensive written therapeutic service plan (DHSP) for all assigned individuals.
- Complete all documentation which supports DHSP plan.
- Initiate a proactive approach towards focusing on individual advocacy, empowerment, and community integration.
- High School Diploma or GED and one year of experience in a training program for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Strongly prefer that a candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written skills (English proficiency) with individuals, families, funding sources, consultants, the community at large, program and administrative team.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a team and perform job duties with minimal supervisory intervention.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license. Must have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport individuals.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Connect With Us!