Minimum Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Type Regular Full-Time
Number of Hours Per Week 40
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Therapeutic Youth Support will provide Therapeutic Mentoring and will support the MA level In Home Therapy Clinician as the Therapeutic Training and Support clinician while working with youth and families receiving CBHI services. He/she will assist in providing intensive family therapy and therapeutic training and support services. Therapeutic Youth Support services include supporting, coaching, and training the youth in age-appropriate behaviors, interpersonal communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution, and relating appropriately to other children, adolescents, and adults, in recreational and social activities pursuant to a behavioral health treatment plan developed by a clinical hub.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Engage youth in social, recreational, athletic, and artistic activities in the community and maintain a team resource log of available community supports.
- Participate in all provider team meetings and collaborate with youth, family, and collaterals to support the youth’s healthy functioning in the community.
- Implement appropriate interventions that can assist in supporting the youth and parent/guardian/caregiver in accordance with current professional standards and utilizing wraparound principles.
- Carry out therapeutic training and support services in accordance with the families individualized treatment plan and CANS assessment.
- Provide member/service recipient transportation as needed in connection with service delivery.
- Assist in the coordination of treatment planning and intensive family therapy.
- Provide coaching in support of decision making in both crisis and non-crisis situations.
- Attend necessary meetings, to include, IEP meetings, hospital discharge meetings, Care Planning Team (CPT) meetings for members enrolled in ICC.
- Provide referrals and linkage to appropriate supports and services.
- Conduct member outreach as needed to engage members and families.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling or related field required with one year minimum experience working with children/families and adolescents in child development, childhood mental illness, and family issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain satisfactory working relationships with employees and providers.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license, access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport members.
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Connect With Us!