Type: Regular Full-Time
Number of Hours per Week: 40
This new position will facilitate MassHealth billing for Advocates and our affiliated partners, known as the Behavioral Health Care Partners (BHCP). The Billing Specialist is responsible for producing and submitting claims for all BHCP supports and activities as conducted by the BHCP to MassHealth.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Implement billing of BHCP supports and activities to MassHealth.
- Maintain billing data files.
- Reconcile billing when payment is received and resubmit denials in a timely manner for payment.
- Attend meetings pertaining to MassHealth billing of BHCP supports and activities.
- Interface with external vendors and other stakeholders related to billing.
- Interact with IT Services staff on computer-based reporting systems.
- Update billing manual.
- Attend professional development activities and trainings as assigned.
- Demonstrate a proactive commitment to maintaining effective communication with staff, Enrollees, Care Team members and others. Promote strong working relationships and excellent customer service.
- Strictly adhere to HIPAA and confidentiality policies at all time, including when responding to inquiries for Enrollee information.
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree, and three years’ experience in third-party billing with Medicaid, Medicare and/or commercial insurance strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and strong attention to detail.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere as well as independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have access to an operational and insured vehicle.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.